View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
forgotten1

i think at this point, MENTAL HEALTH issues are the main concern so i wouldn't be afraid of him going to jail. i've been in your shoes of having to go to the ER after finding someone attempting suicide. in actuality, this might be the best thing he's got going--because any time someone attempts suicide, they have a mandatory mental health evaluation. i hope he ends up getting the help he needs.

as for your role or what you should do... i am not sure if al-anon would be exactly the avenue. i understand it's free... but what you're dealing with is slightly different. clearly the issues are very deep with having experienced two very traumatic experiences within weeks of each other. i'd go seek the advice of a therapist or be proactive in getting information from the hospital. if he has to go to the psychiatric ward, you will most likely have access considering you're the one that brought him in... TALK to the people there and see if they have advice. they may be able to steer you to a therapist or a group counseling type situation regarding providing that particular kind of support.

i've had a friend attempt suicide who suffered from depression as well as an xabf that suffered from depression and is an alcoholic... although they do overlap, they each have a different dynamic.