Thread: hi everyone
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
invisibledrunk

Originally Posted by rich74 View Post
Hi my name is rich im 24 years old, i am starting to post here because i realize that i have been drinking way to much and i have found it hard to stop. I drink about 3 times a week and its never a drink or two. I am tired of being hungover and watching my health deterierate because of this. ive talked to a couple people and was told a support group would be of a great help. My drinking started in college when i joined a fraternity, i eventually had to move back home because my grades were slipping. however my drinking carried over and i have finally gotten myself back into school and am doing well with it however i want to quit drinking because i know i can do better without it. The days i dont drink i feel more energized and would like to feel like this all the time. I find i am most likely to drink when i go out to places that serve alcohol, i feel it has become mostly out of habit and would like to interact with others who have this problem. I look forward to hearing from and interracting with all of you!!!

Rich
almost sounds identical to me, instead of drinking in college i started drinking when i became a working musician, im 29 , was drinking 3X a week usually between 6-8 drinks. hung over every other day.
im at a week of not drinking which is the longest i've gone in a few years actually. i feel energnized, and good as well. just really bored. starting to plan more activities to keep me away from wanting to drink