View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 07:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
littlefish

resumebreakdown: you can be an alcoholic AND codependent. It is not normal to zero in on the guests and watch what they drink.

I would also like to clarify resumebreakdown that I did not diagnose Dina, I did NOT say she has codependency issues, but I did go out on a limb and say that she "might" have them.

It is highly likely that a woman who lives with an alcoholic just might be codependent. That is well within the parameters of what is polite and acceptable on this forum for me to suggest that she might be. It is unacceptable for me to say she is, and I didn't. I think I followed the rules of the forum by saying that she "could" be.

yah know resumebreakdown, it is lucky for you that your "someone" "kept an eye on you" and didn't let you drive drunk. You are making a lot of assumptions about people if you think other partners did the same as your "someone" did. They don't. Hence the huge amount of DUI deaths and injuries every year.

The whole point is that we aren't supposed to be babysat and treated like children. We are supposed to be responsible, stay sober and not do all the crap we do when we drink. Waiting for someone to have an eye on us is just cultivating codies around us.