View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Originally Posted by susanlauren View Post
Judgmental. (Sigh.) I've certainly been called worse. Maybe I am being judgmental. I will say that the original post pushed some of my buttons. I am flabbergasted that a spouse would write and complain about something that 99% of the family members on the Family and Friends Forum beg, plead, wish, hope, and pray for.

Let's see: 30 year marriage vs. attending AA meetings. Nah. I think he should stop attending AA, pretend he's not an alcoholic, resume drinking, continue a spiral into end stage alcoholism, die as a either a direct or an indirect result of alcoholism, leaving his wife of 30 years a widow. It sounds like the supreme act of love and devotion to me.

Maybe the real problem here is choice of recovery programs. If he would just choose Rational Recovery instead of Alcoholics Anonymous then all would be well. Is that what you are suggesting Supercrew? If it is, why not just come right out and say it.
Susan
So not attending AA equals spiraling to end stage alcoholism then death? Those are the only 2 options in your mind?

I don't back any recovery program, I say use what works best for you. By "you" I mean what is healthiest for you, your family, and your immediate environment. They key is finding a way to become sober that keeps you happy and doesn't negatively affect the positive things in your life...like your 30 year marriage.

The goal of a healthy long lasting recovery should be a positive outcome on all fronts.