View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
outonalimb

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
Oh, and if we're talking Step 3, it became a lot easier for me when I read it and saw that it said (my bolding)

For someone who's been in an alcoholic marriage as the codependent party, the idea of "handing over" control over anything is friggin SCARY. I mean, that's what I just got out of. No way am I handing over the reins to anyone else!

But it says... turn our will and lives over to the care of.
Not the control of.

God cares. God doesn't control.
(((((lillamy)))))))

Thank you for that!! I just love what you said!!

I really think God wants me to have a joyful, happy life. I think about what I want for MY son and I just want him to be happy no matter what he does or where he goes in life. I don't want to chart his path for him. I want him to chart it himself. In the end, I just want him to find true peace and contentment.

I think God feels the same way about us.

We're going to make mistakes and mess things up royally. (don't I know it!!) And that's okay. God doesn't love us any less. But I think he's always standing there...at the ready...hoping that we listen to our hearts and listen for his voice as he whispers love and encouragement in our ears. We just need to be open to the message he is sending. Every day I pray that I will be open to his love and guidance. For me, this is what turning my life over to his care means.

Great post...thanks for starting it Tuffgirl!!