View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I would suggest that Mrs. Dina has many more options than (1) get used to it, (2) get a divorce, or (3) join Al-Anon and/or attend AA meeting with her husband.

Let's see, she could: take a class at her community college, volunteer at the local hospital or library or food pantry or elsewhere, take up a hobby, start a business, run for school board or city council, join a book club, refinish furniture, work on herself in therapy, take up knitting, join a health club or gym, read a book she has been meaning to read, go for a hike in the park, work at the local animal shelter, the list is endless.

The problem as I see it is that Mrs. Dina is so focused on her husband and her husband's "issues" that she doesn't seem to have a life of her own. I could be wrong.

Pretty big judgements to be making on someone who posted a couple of questions questioning some aspects of AA, don't you think?

Are you married Susan or have you ever been?

It's sounds as if you would basically break up a 30 year marriage with kids involved for the ability to stay involved with AA. Do I have that correct?

A healthy recovery program will allow for the person in recovery to have a life outside of it. It gets people to the point that they don't have to rely on outside groups to live a happy rewarding life.