View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
lisa888

Hi Duke, I relate to what you are saying. I too felt scared about never drinking again, how would I live, but eventually I realized that if I kept drinking I wouldn't live. My doctor make me feel backed into a corner, threatened, intimidated, like I was a piece of crap for drinking. He didn't understand what I was going thru. I had an acquaintance that I met in court ordered rehab a bit over 5 years ago. We were both using through rehab and being totally dishonest with everyone. We kept in touch and he is actually the reason I considered AA and I am glad I did. I am relatively new to it, but to be able to reach out and hear others that "get it" is such a relief. I also like this site as well, lots of great comments. I was also stunned at how welcoming and accepting everyone is. One of the things they speak of in AA is how we need to reach out to those who are still "out there". It not only feels good to be supported, but it strengthens us to help others. We are here for you, keep reading!