View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pigtails

This is awesome, good for you. I have recently felt the same way even though I only just now (as of yesterday) stopped drinking. I had been working on getting other toxins out of my life and really appreciating and being grateful for the life I have instead of always wanting something different. Like you I am making a lot less than I used to. I own a house but cant' really afford it so I'm renting it out and living in a smaller apartment that's pretty ghetto by comparison but I often think, you know what, I'm here, and I'm glad to be here. I appreciate my job more even though it pays less. I believe in myself and realize I can do anything I want with my career and am glad to have a stable job with nice people while I figure out where to go from here. I don't need to be attached to things or money to be happy. I've downsized my life and it feels great. Now I'm downsizing out the drinking as well! :rotfxko Good for you and keep on keeping on. We will both dig ourselves out of this "hole" eventually, and at least it's not much of a hole compared to the lives we used to live before right?!