Notices

Moments_of_feeling_free

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

Moments_of_feeling_free

I woke up today and really didn't want to get out of bed (it's Monday afterall and my allergies/sinusus are acting up). Plus, I wanted to sleep longer. Heck, taking the day off sounded great, but I got into the shower, got dressed, and went to work.

Got to work and it's hot, I mean really hot here in GA right now and we realized about 09:00am that it's hot inside. Our AC is out. ...and we're slow this month, so we're doing a lot of re-organizing and file work, so no desk work today, but lots of lifting and moving our files, in about 86 degree temps, again, inside the building.

Also, we upgraded our system and server over the weekend. We've got computer bugs and glitches all over the place. Not to mention we're working with a skeleton crew as people have taken vacations this month.

People are getting upset here at work.

You know, I'm in debt, I make about 1/2 of what I used to, still working off probation requirements, still repairing and recreating the career I lost, single & living in my Mom's basement (paying rent, of course), driving a beat up car w/ a breathlizer in it, but you know what???

I feel free. I have an inner peace about me.

People, places, and things no longer have the hold on me they used to.

I actually take pleasure in helping others.

Words left unspoken are gifts to me now.

I have faith. FAITH! True, for real, solid, faith.

...and doing the hard work to feel this way has become a way of life for me now. It doesn't always feel like work.

I can see where I've had a physic change (or spiritual awakening) from working the program of AA (and coming on here to SR).

Moments of feeling free and living in the moment.

F-ing awesome!

Kjell~
Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome post, Kjell!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for the reminder to look on the positive side of things, Kjell! I love your attitude and your post is an excellent reminder that life (especially sober) is a blessing no matter what. Thank you!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

The things that Money seems to do for me God now does for me. I always wanted TV, Radio, Video games, Woman, friends, I wanted it all just to feel good, just to be "right" now I turn my life and me will over to the care of God and I get to feel Rich most of the time. Thank you for the post, it humbles me to say the least!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
instant

Kjell. You are a source of inspiration for those in your footsteps. You have reminded me that the world 'being unfair' and not suiting my needs in difficult times has provided a rich source of inspiration to find reasons to drink (not that I needed reasons in the end anyhow!!).
Old 06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is awesome, good for you. I have recently felt the same way even though I only just now (as of yesterday) stopped drinking. I had been working on getting other toxins out of my life and really appreciating and being grateful for the life I have instead of always wanting something different. Like you I am making a lot less than I used to. I own a house but cant' really afford it so I'm renting it out and living in a smaller apartment that's pretty ghetto by comparison but I often think, you know what, I'm here, and I'm glad to be here. I appreciate my job more even though it pays less. I believe in myself and realize I can do anything I want with my career and am glad to have a stable job with nice people while I figure out where to go from here. I don't need to be attached to things or money to be happy. I've downsized my life and it feels great. Now I'm downsizing out the drinking as well! :rotfxko Good for you and keep on keeping on. We will both dig ourselves out of this "hole" eventually, and at least it's not much of a hole compared to the lives we used to live before right?!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a great post, Kjell!

The moments of feeling free are wonderful!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Kjel for always giving ESH.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. I needed a pick me up just now, and this made me smile when I read it. Congrats on all the hard work
Old 06-06-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks KJel. I needed that today.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Freedom is the absolute BEST thing about sobriety. Even when I'm having a crappy day (and we all sure still get them), I have the inner faith and hope that tomorrow will be better. And if not tomorrow, one day soon.

Those desperate, horrible, Groundhog Day experiences of struggling through my day until I can get home and drink it away are OVER.

Hallelujah!

Great post, thanks!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great post Kjell!

I have also realized very recently that we can all live and feel that freedom. Your post just painted a beautiful picture of the fact that we all have personal obstacles to overcome, but we can overcome anything with the right mindset. The feeling of freedom is in all of us we just have to be active and realize it is there. The only thing holding anyone here back is ourselves.

Great job!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Kjell
People, places, and things no longer have the hold on me they used to.
So true for me too. With greater inner strength, I feel protected from the negative influences this world has to offer. Inner strength allows me to keep steady on an healthy path regardless of the challenges and difficulties that pop-up from time to time.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Kjel for the awesome post that reminds all of us what is important.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel a lot like that often. My favorite part of being sober is waking up feeling good. Considering that I used to wake up feeling like death warmed over I feel pretty damn good these days.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great post kjell! Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great post. I have had a few of those moments. Thank you for sharing.