View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kjell
i've done my almost

Moments_of_feeling_free

I woke up today and really didn't want to get out of bed (it's Monday afterall and my allergies/sinusus are acting up). Plus, I wanted to sleep longer. Heck, taking the day off sounded great, but I got into the shower, got dressed, and went to work.

Got to work and it's hot, I mean really hot here in GA right now and we realized about 09:00am that it's hot inside. Our AC is out. ...and we're slow this month, so we're doing a lot of re-organizing and file work, so no desk work today, but lots of lifting and moving our files, in about 86 degree temps, again, inside the building.

Also, we upgraded our system and server over the weekend. We've got computer bugs and glitches all over the place. Not to mention we're working with a skeleton crew as people have taken vacations this month.

People are getting upset here at work.

You know, I'm in debt, I make about 1/2 of what I used to, still working off probation requirements, still repairing and recreating the career I lost, single & living in my Mom's basement (paying rent, of course), driving a beat up car w/ a breathlizer in it, but you know what???

I feel free. I have an inner peace about me.

People, places, and things no longer have the hold on me they used to.

I actually take pleasure in helping others.

Words left unspoken are gifts to me now.

I have faith. FAITH! True, for real, solid, faith.

...and doing the hard work to feel this way has become a way of life for me now. It doesn't always feel like work.

I can see where I've had a physic change (or spiritual awakening) from working the program of AA (and coming on here to SR).

Moments of feeling free and living in the moment.

F-ing awesome!

Kjell~