View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

He steals the wine because he doesn't have the money to pay for it. He has been caught. I have spoken of this in other posts on this board.

I don't expect everyone to keep up with everything that any one person on this board says.

But coming to conclusions and then making judgments about alcoholics without all of the information, and without heed to the many things that Al Anon tells us about making judgments, upset me.

You seemed to need the reason explained to you, and while I did not have to explain it to you, I chose to.

The reason why the post upset me is because assumptions were made, and judgments were made upon the assumptions. She assumed he didn't care if he got better or not, she assumed he was abusing the system -

The nonprofit is aware that he is still drinking and they are aware that he has stolen and still steals those mini wine bottles. THEY are working with him on this. THEY care about his recovery. THEY believe he cares about his recovery.

It's been talked about on this board how alcoholics go to AA meetings when drunk and are not judged by other A's. This would fall in that same area - the rehab is not going to judge him because he is drinking and they are not going to judge his method of acquiring the alcohol - since it is part of the same disease that they are there to treat.

I do have a plan B and I do take care of myself. The reason why I wrote this topic in the first place is because I could see that his desire to get off his meds, and his thinking that it would help him quit alcohol, is illogical and I just wanted to VENT. A friend of mine said she read this post as "WTF" not asking for help. That's pretty much it...