View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
solowife

Wow, thank you all for such quick replies. It all confirms what I already believe; that it is a gamble to wait 2+ years for somebody who may or may not really be ready or capable of change. Additionally, true change is not readable until actions can be put behind the words. I am so hurt and fed up with his lifestyle that brought him to where he is now that even if we do decided to work on things down the road, I will be divorce trigger happy, waiting for a screw up so that I can say that I gave it the old college try. Doesn't seem like much of a marriage.

Yes, he has been in jail before while we were together. Only for a few days and always for probation violations. this is his second felony. The first one he earned 1 month after we were married.I do not think that he has ever voluntarily gone to rehab or counseling.

Thanks to all of you who have heard the same old sayings from the other side of the phone. they are quite familiar to me.

I will definately look into financial help for families of the incarcerated. Tomorrow I apply for a second job.

True open and honest communication while behind bars will be near impossible I fear. Thank you all for your support. it is nice to know that I am not alone and that there are many virtual hugs being sent my way.