View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
SoberNVa

Originally Posted by Kjell View Post
Hi Northend-

I don't think there is ever a good time to not go to work when you're supposed too. It's selfish. Period.

In all honesty, it sounds like you're sort of just planning on not going and trying to justify this under the spirt of you're going to think about getting better.

I had to act my way into healthy thinking. I simply couldn't think my way into healthy acting.

Your post is all over the place. I say this with kindness and concern b/c I'm not reading where you want to quit drinking? Maybe I'm wrong.

Kjell~
I will say right now I have never disagreed more with a post. I too am bipolar and go through the same things. minus the drinking for a few years.I can assure you that the OP is not just trying to get out of going to work. Bipolar is a horrible,life-changing illness. It causes much devastation and misery to its sufferers.During an episode,it is not possible to "act my way into right thinking" as members of a certain fellowship like to say.Bipolar is a mental illness and program stuff wont work on it. Her post is all over the place becuse she is manic at this time.
to the original poster, I hope it all works out for you. Perhaps you could go to them and level with them about what is going on. I bet they would be willing to work with you and accomodate you(mental illness is a disability ). Post back and let us know how it went.