Thread: "Little Lies"
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((TD))) I am sorry I have been remiss in saying a heartfelt WELCOME to Sober Recovery. You have found a GREAT site with lots of experience, strength and hope (ES&H) from folks who have gone through or are going through what you are.

I think your boundary is a GREAT one.

I would just like to add to what Cynical One said.

Early recovery is just the start. Although a big part of recovery is learning how to be 'honest' it just does not happen overnight. I hope she is continuing with some type of program and this will slowly disappear.

I remember when I first got into recovery, that was one of my problems. I had lied about EVERYTHING for so long that it really did take an extreme 'conscious' effort to slowly erase that old tape with a the new one of 'honesty in everything'.

You are correct to NOT condone the lying.

Just remember that when a person, in this case you AW does stop using and/or drinking and starts recovery in earnest, just because they have stopped putting the toxins in their body they are not 'well' yet. This will be a long road for both of you, but can also be a very fulfilling road in the long run for both of you.

I hope you have found some help for YOU also, be it AlAnon or Naranon or some private counseling with a counselor who specializes in addiction. I mention AlAnon, because many times there are more meetings of AlAnon, than Naranon in any given area that fits in better with one's busy schedule. They both work the same.

Also, please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing as we do care so very much.

Love and hugs,