View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
ajangel

Originally Posted by Mcribb View Post
I am will be very honest in the fact that I don't feel well most of the time these days. It seems like I am always writing stuff out working with the sponser, always tired, but I keep changing things and I can't really go back to the way things were. Most of the people on this site paint this picture of a refreshing high of being sober, I get one of those days probably 1 out of 10. So my point is don't quit, my thoughts were, hell if I knew I was going to feel bad sober I would have kept drinking. That is a lie and not the solution. I do remember a couple sober mornings early on that were glorious.
Make no mistake. It isn't all refreshing and wonderful. I ache almost every day. I crave booze a couple times a week. The world didn't change and become wonderful when I became sober. What I think most people mean (myself included) is that it feels great not to go through the pain, side effects, humiliation, and turmoil addiction brings. It feels great to know that there is a better life ahead with sobriety. Day 32 and I woke up once again feeling like I have had the flu. Every joint aches. I don't have that every day but at least 4 days a week. It is a whole lot better then vomiting bile, tremors, and hoping like hell no one at work knows what a drunk I am. Hang in there. I am sure our bodies will adjust.