Old 05-31-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Why did I think today would be different?

Today is my birthday. AH came to see the girls yesterday and said "I'd like to see you and bring you something for your birthday". As nice as pie I said "I appreciate the thought but what I want, if you want to do something for me, is to have the day just to myself with the girls". He continued and said that the "best memories" of his life are with me and he'd like to see me on my bday but would respect my wishes.

Guess what DID NOT happen?

Showed up, drunk at 5 am. I went outside (thank GOD the girls were not awake) and asked him to leave. He said he needed clothing for work. I ran in, got him clothing and brought it out. He handed me a sloppily written note and told me it was for me. The jist of it was I love you, I always will, you're a wonderful person blah blah blah.

I told him he either needed to leave that instant or I'd call the police. He swore at me, told me I was cold, ungrateful etc...

Pretty much did precisely what I should have predicted he would.

I really don't know why I thought that my bday would be any different than the other 364 days of the year. I guess I was in denial about the fact that he can't think of anyone's feelings but his own.

Just unreal.

The girls had cards for me-- which AH had also written notes on for me so I can't look at their cards without having to see his nonsense... So manipulative.

I'm frustrated with myself for even thinking for a second that he'd leave me alone for 24 hrs.

On a positive, I spent the weekend doing fun things with the girls; took them to their 1st baseball game, went dress shopping for my brothers' wedding, went to a friends' son's bday party, played in the sprinkler etc... So, I had a nice weekend with the girls which was great.