Thread: At that point.
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sharkbait

Well so far a couple of days have gone past with me trying this new me first attutude.
I like whats happening.
Im not there all the way so i cant detach as much as I should.
but i told her that im not going to enable anymore.
if she wants alcohol she has to buy it if she wants a drink she has to get it.

she asked me to get her one last night, i almost said ok, but instead i said simply that you can get it and she did.

i will say that i think she is possibly at the point of doing something about it on her own, she is feeling down and sad alot more, i try not to make her feel better but that is the hardest part.

I know I slip on that occasionally but i can see that it is really starting to get to her, i can see that she is wanting to make the change, to make the call to get help, because she has asked several times to use my phone to call for a detox program. the most ive said is yeah you can use my phone. then dont touch the topic, if she wants to make the call then she can.

i was tempted to make the call and hand the phone over but.
I Didn't cause it.
I did speak to the alcoholics people here andthey suggested i get her to call them but.
I cant control it.
I felt like saying to her she needs to make the call but.
I can't cure it.

everytime i feel that i should possibly do something i remind myslef that its not my place and its not my choice. its hers.

the only regret that i have is at the moment she seems to be drinking more and each night she goes to bed there is the usual symphony of things falling as she knocks them down,
normally i would call out to checke everything was alright. but if its not then she needs to deal with the affects of what she does.