Thread: Day One Again.
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lilac0721

What a blessing it is to have all of you here on SR!

Plan for today: noon meeting, as well as an 8pm (one with each of the 2 AA groups we have here). Clean (yesterday I cleaned the detox sheets) - it keeps me busy and makes me feel useful. Call another lawyer-friend. One called yesterday to offer support/advice but I was too emotionally unstable to take the call. Excercise (it always works wonders). Check out taking the bar exam in another state (like back home in NY or NJ) and check out federal jobs in another state. Unfortunately, the legal job market is super-saturated here in Colorado.

The other thought I've had this morning is that maybe I can use this time to make headway into doing what I really really want to do, which is work in health/mental health directly with people. It's what I've always wanted to do, just was dissuaded by all the various people in my life that I've tried to please.

And darn it, by 9pm MST tonight I WILL HAVE A SPONSOR!!!! Even if it is someone far away. I desperately need to "clean house" if I want to change my life.