Old 05-25-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
FreeBird1

In trouble, looking for words of encourgment, Day 1

Day 1. I'm 41 years old and quit drinking a couple times due to court orders, once for 45 days and another for 115 days. Now I want to quit cause I want too.

I had an incident that I am not all happy about and now facing possible jail time. I am scared, lonely and now back to square 1 after screwing myself by being that guy who likes to party, drink and drive and attract girlfriends that like to party as well. However, I end up paying the price.

Every time I get a head, I end up getting in trouble putting myself back 4 or 5 steps.

I am a business owner which allows me to get away with hungover Mondays and get out early on Fridays. Come in when I want and leave when I want. The problem is, I take advantage of it and I stunt the business from growing to the next level and its not fair to my business partner.

I really haven't had a drivers license in the last 20 years but I drove anyway, now I'm facing some serous charges in regards to driving plus the incident of a DV with my now ex girlfriend. I will swear of my parents grave I never touched her, but I busted a door and since there was property damage they had to take me in.

I go to court tomorrow, again, and something has to change, I have to change the root of my problems and that is drinking, drinking beer and going out 4 to 5 nights a week.

I am going to give this a solid effort, just cant go to AA meetings due to my driving situation. Have to sell the car to the brother cause the state wont even title or register me. My brother will buy and give me the cash for my court and layer expenses.

Looking for encouraging words and a reason to revisit this forum.

Thanks for listening.