View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Don't know what kind of financial situation you're in, but I used WIC last time around (and may have to again). They will give you food, juice, formula, baby cereal, etc., and you'll get some now since you have a little one and are pregnant. That might ease up some of the financial burden.

That sounds reasonable. But I wouldn't bend over backwards to get him the calling card and make yourself accessible while he's in rehab. Hopefully his attention will be focused on his recovery, and not on making sure you're waiting for him with bated breath. You know?

I have four children and also received WIC last year when I was starting over on my own. It helped a lot.

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse or scold anyone. I actually paid for my xah's cell phone for a long time because it was on my cell plan and I thought it necessary for him to have a phone when he had the kids. He wasn't taking care of it so I did. Hindsight being 20/20 and all I really really regret that. It was money that I should have spent on necessities for the kids and I. I am much more focused on my priorities now (my immediate family) - and I let other adults do for themselves.

Sometimes a bit of space can be a blessing. It allows us to think clearly and without emotional manipulation or confusion.

We talk a lot about boundaries on SR. Do you have boundaries in place for what kinds of behavior or habits you will allow in your home? around your children? in your life?

I struggle with boundaries so I'm not a good one to give advice but there are stickies and lots of threads if you search for them.