View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NobleCause

Originally Posted by artsoul View Post
I guess we have to get in touch fear before we can start to let it go. I think I let it run my life for the most part. Now that there's no escape (alcohol), I try to go with it, ask it what it wants, question it, etc...... Just accepting it really helps, too. I want to live with the unknown in a positive way - like an adventure - rather than cowering in the corner. I'm finding out that it's a process but am encouraged by the little strides I've made.
Congratulations on your headway - I think your strategies are right on. Fear's a biggie for me. Losing everything in dramatic fashion a few years ago makes it a terrifying process to begin rebuilding my life now. It feels wildly uncomfortable, and downright foolish at times, to invest so much care, time, effort and soul knowing full well how swiftly it can all go up in smoke. But I think that's exactly what makes it so important. To accept the fear of the impermanence of everything and not let it dictate my actions or cloud my intent. I'm beginning to think the process of living with no escape, and no escape plan, may be one of the quicker routes to a fearless heart.