Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Alone22

Not sure I can do it for much longer either. I have been giving a lot of thought about what makes sense for me. We have a tight budget without his addictions and with it we are plowing through savings. We have some other spending habits that need adjusting but they are minor in comparison. Before I looked at our finances this weekend I was in the mind set of give it a year, work on myself, put up more boundaries and then see how I feel. If I wait a year I am fearful of what will be left in our savings, which just puts me and the kids at more of a disadvantage for our future. The biggest difference between you and me WTBH is you work. I have been a stay at home mom for about 11 years now so I would have to make some major changes before I could move on. Going back to work would be a major overhaul to our family structure, but one that is needed if our marriage is in fact doomed. I feel like I need a few months to see where this attempt at recovery is going, see how I can control the finances, and I guess give it all one last attempt before making the change of me going back to work. I do feel like it might be the next right step to take. I would be doing it in preparation to separate and then divorce if all of that does not help AH find his bottom and really recover. The future just looks to bleak if I stay and nothing changes.