View Single Post
Old 08-25-2002, 11:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
janner
Paused

Thank you all for your insight! It is so refreshing to know that I am not alone out there....I am definitely not alone 'in here'!! I have this little ( and sometimes, not so little) voice that tries to make me feel ok and it's such a liar, to quote you, peter...I went to a speaker meeting last night. I used to be a regular there, however, with my work schedule, I usually work Sat. nights and don't get to go as often as I would like....The format of this meeting is this: intro, readings, ten minute speaker, birthday celebrations of 365 days of con't sobriety, coffee/smoke break and then the main speaker. I explain this because of who the 1st speaker is to me...I met this speaker the day I received my 30 day chip at the same meeting I first went to with 61/2 hrs of sobriety...He was receiving his 60 day chip! We have been friends ever since and yet this was the first time I ever heard him speak in this format (other than sharing at a mtg). It was refreshing to hear what he had to say, he touched on a few things that I could relate to and that's what it is all about, anyway, right?? The main speaker was wonderful and she was also saying just the right things I needed to hear...It's really amazing how we are where we are supposed to be, even when we are not trying to be anywhere!!! As to the othe 'wolf', one more thing we have in common...I was born in Detroit!!!! Anyway, once again, thank you for all of your comments and suggestions...Staying sober one more day....and very grateful....Janner

Last edited by janner; 08-25-2002 at 11:23 PM.