Thread: Argh!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
skippernlilg
Skipper

Originally Posted by GettingBy View Post
I didn't mean what I said in a negative way, at all. What I meant is that, you've set your boundary... Which I believe is completely REASONABLE to do... And if you really meant what you said, there really shouldn't be anything he can say to change that. So, that's what I meant... Why should he bother to keep talking about it? You don't want the drinking, he wants to drink. Done deal.

As for what he says to others... Let it go. He's going to talk about it from him perspective. He's going to say things that you will disagree with, he will call you things like crazy, unreasonable, controlling, hypocrite... You need to learn how to detach from his words and actions. You know your truth, and that's all that matters.
You're right, GB, I didn't really take it as negativity.

I just feel so cheated from the truth. Does that make sense?

I appreciate the opportunity to get the truth out in this forum because it makes me feel like it's the truth that matters.

I wasn't trying to argue with you, either. I hope it didn't come across that way.

I feel very appreciative and I feel lots of love from people I don't even know IRL right now. Thank you for taking the time to help me walk through this process.