Thread: Day 27 Blah's
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SullenGirl

Day 27 Blah's

I'm at home on a Friday night... Bored. Lonely. The usual. All the other weekends so far I haven't cared but I've had a bad day and now I want to go out, socialize, and have a glass... or yet a bottle of wine.

I'm mad at my daughter's father. Every weekend they (him and his wife) take her, they are hours late (if they even show up). They always have an excuse and they go right for the big ones -- someone is dying, someone is REALLY sick, someone has cancer.... When I planned her bridal shower, she cancelled on me a half an hour before the event. They're these type of people.
Tonight they were picking her up from my "mom's" (she's not really my mom, old social worker) and were two hours late. They've been there plenty of times before and have known for a week they were picking her up from there. Of course once they get there it's "well we didn't have your number..." "we didn't know where you lived" even though they seemed to make it there just fine, just two hours behind schedule. When asked why they didn't call me, of course they said they did... There is no record of it on my phone. If you're going to mess up, fine -- but don't blame your issues on me. I have enough of my own. haha

I so badly want to say something to them, but won't because what is the point? They have just started taking her one weekend a month in the past six months or so... before that my daughter was lucky if she heard from her dad every six months -- so they have improved... I'm just terribly annoyed. I know in the grand scheme of things -- this is SUCH a minor problem. I'm just pissed. Pissed about that, pissed that I can't find something to do with my free time. Pissed at the world mainly.

I know I could find something to do with my drinking friends, but of course -- that would just lead to drinking. I'm not going to call them... but frig. haha sorry for being a debbie downer. I just had to grumble somewhere.