View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

Welcome 4MyMel...glad you found us. And how wonderful it will be to start a family. How exciting.
Last time you went to AA and didn't get it...it wasn't your time. Life is a series of events. Ever notice when you think you've got it mastered and life is good -a monkey wrench gets thrown in the engine? Why? Because you may have started following your heart but then veared off and didn't listen anymore. Now I think your ears are open and you know you have alot more at stake. So take it for what its worth but go with your gut and follow your heart and quitting will be 'easier' than fighting life tooth and nail. If you need a crutch, go to you significant other for support. You may be pleasantly surprised that this is just the thing that draws you both closer. Maybe she would appreeciate being able to 'emotionally contribute' and help you along.
Cravings do go away...as we busy ourselves in a new life and our mind gets refreshed and doesn't need the stale thinking anymore, we realize there is so much more and cravings just aren't needed anymore.