View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
sandrawg

I was going to say the same thing cuz that's exactly what my exabf did. He had an ex from high school who is a heavy pot smoker and drinker, as a backup. Everytime we had a problem, he'd go rushing to her. I couldn't fathom how he could go be with her cuz he always talked smack about her; also, how could he go sleeping with someone like, the NEXT DAY after we broke up? Made me feel like he really didn't love me..somehow we worked past it but she would always text him in a flirtatious manner.

Well, since I finally made the ultimatum to get sober or lose me, GUESS WHO HE IS WITH NOW.

We are nothing but enablers and objects to these alcoholics-we're interchangeable. Alcoholics don't have relationships-they take hostages.

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
This relationship could be an addiction..I think that happens alot. After being together awhile everyone knows where the buttons are and which ones to push. The arguments go round and round in a continuous cycle never getting resolved. Do the breakdown..he is being a huge [email protected] think he may be sleeping with other people due to Facebook posts (I abhor Facebook in case anyone was wondering) and don't kid yourself..he isn't being a d@ck because you are not supportive enough..he is using that excuse to find someone else that will support his drinking. Of course..this is just speculation on my part..but I will bet money that that is what is going on. Not married..no kids..cut the cord. I will venture a bet that you will be better off. You may be in a relationship..but it sounds like you are already very much alone. I hope better days are ahead for you!