View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ICURN

Yes, my AH is a hard worker too. I came home last night from working and he was drunk and of course denied it. He took our 17 yr old out paddleboarding and fell twice cause he was drunk. Of course it was because the fin got loose. Yeah right!

Anyway, my 17 yr old said he was drunk all day and she saw him get at nonalcoholic beer out of the fridge just before I got home and she was thinking that was pretty dumb to think that would cover his slurred speech.

So of course he said, "What have you got to complain about- I made a nice dinner!"

He left last night and I texted him and told him not to be here today. I must say the house is peaceful and my normally quiet 14 yr old girl seems much happier tonight.

I'm still really stressed and panicky but I figure I can do anything one day at a time.

My next step is to find an Al Anon meeting to go to and a counselor. Just need to make the time to do that for myself.

After a few days of fighting I usually take him back. He says he realizes he has a drinking problem etc. I go back before he's hit bottom and all I'm doing is pulling him back up before he gets there.

I used to be afraid of being alone and having him leave then get sober and find someone else. Now I'm more afraid of the insane life I feel like I'm living.