View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 01:45 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

This is just not my day After the dentists office called to remind me of my appt. tomorrow, stepmom told me C's funeral is tomorrow, we are getting ready for visitation right now. Rescheduled the dental appt.

While I was getting ready to do stores, heard Patches with a pitiful meow..she was, again, stuck in the attic (don't know how she gets up there). I had to climb on a chair and go through a dozen keys to find the one that opened the attic. Last time, dad went up there, she ran from him and I got her to come to me, shaking a bag of treats.

No light in the attic, went to the store to get a flashlight. As I was up there, Elvis started climbing the stairs, I turned to shoo him back down, stepped off a rafter and went through the floor of the attic.

Luckily, instincts kicked in and I grabbed hold of the rafter then dropped to the concrete carport. I'm okay, but have lots of scratches, bruises, etc. Scared stepmom half to death (not to mention ME!). Went to sit in the plastic chair that Mots always sits in and IT broke. Got a knot on my arm from that. It's not like I weigh THAT much, but sheez. Finally headed to the store, realized I'd left the bag I have most of my stuff in but was able to do one store.

Oh, and while I was taking pictures of my boo-boo's to send to Tess (we are both klutzes), heard a thump on the deck and Patches had jumped down from THAT hole. Now that I know she can get out, there will be no more trips to the attic. Dad told me it was "stupidity" for even going up there, so reminded him that HE was the one who went up there the last time she was up there. He then went and sat in the broken chair...sigh. I told him I'd JUST told him about the chair, he said "well why the he!! didn't someone throw it away" and I told him I was a bit stunned from falling from the darned attic. It's now in the trash.

The box of my sunglasses had tape stuck on the bottom, caught it on my foot and about fell...again. I just came home.

Asked stepmom if I could use some of her "Beautiful" perfume...Brit had been given it, didn't like and so gave it to stepmom. C is the one who bought me my first bottle, that very first Christmas, and now stepmom can't find it. It's not THAT big a deal, but both Brit and stepmom know that is my favorite perfume, stepmom doesn't even wear it, but it wasn't given to me and now it's MIA. It's like the final straw in today's events.

Taking lots of kleenex to the funeral home.

(((Rita))) - I know you may not feel it, but you are beautiful..inside and out.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy