View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICURN

New and over the lies and drama

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have been looking at posts as a guest for about a month now.

I've been married for 18 years. My AH didn't start out this way. He tended to drink more than me on social occasions which progressed to sneaking alcohol at home. Probably off and on for the last 10 years. Its been upsetting but manageable. The usual he says he realizes needs to cut down "sees the light" Things are good for 2 wks to a month then the cycle starts again.

I reached my breaking point about a month ago. He was completely drunk and I confronted him( a mistake I know). He started punching the walls and car.

I was going to leave at this point. I'm tired of not knowing what I'm coming home to. More empty promises- was going to stop drinking for 30 days we're all he has, etc. Lasted about 3 weeks - came home tonight to him slurring his words, etc.

He was like this on Monday- didn't say anything. I'm at the point of giving up. I didn't sign up for this.

I really have found some peace just reading on this forum. It's nice to know my feelings are normal.

He left tonight. Our 17 year old talks about how drunk he was and how does he think it's not obvious? She told him a month ago that she knows he's an alcoholic, he should go to AA, and she loves him.

Glad there is a place for me to vent. Thanks for listening