Thread: Is it possible?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
blwninthewind

Originally Posted by FLsunshine View Post
I said that... now after smelling alcohol on my RAH breathe and his denial of it.. Im not sure what to do... Leave on just a "suspicion"? wait and see because it will be very obvious eventually?... It hasn't affected me yet, right? and i havent finished airing up my spare tire and getting it ready (from another post) But it has Affected me....

Well unless your ready to take action you don't need to do anything. I ignored it, pretended his lies were truths for years. I wanted so badly to believe him.
Then one day...it got too much.
I knew he was drinking. I knew if I didn't DO something it would swallow me up...I would live here w/ him forever...miserable, in pain and allowing my children to live in this chaos.
So I ran to walgreens and bought a breathilizer kit, actually came w/ 2 in it.
I told him to take it or I'm just going to assume it to be positive and he could leave w/out taking it.
He took it, said it was defective...I must have dropped it, not followed directions ...you name it he said it.
There was a full minute that I just sat there.
FROZEN.
I had to decide...
so I blew the second test. It was negative, as I didn't have a drink. It was my control. It was the proof...the tests were not defective.
He finally admitted to drinking for the past 6 mos behind my back. EVERYONE knew but me. All his friends, their wives...everyone had been sworn to secrecy...they endangered my children by letting him drive them around while drinking!
I still can't forgive them for that.
I can't forgive him for it either.
Now 10mos in recovery...the pain is still fresh.

But until your ready....you can't take that step.
Only you can decide.
Its as simple as a $15 over the counter test.