View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JoeCree

you seem to be on a heavy regimen of alcohol - much more than I can relate. I must say, that your drinking during the job and during/before meetings will lead to a path that will be more severe than taking a 7 day "holiday" and checking into detox.

Don't be fooled into believing that people won't notice. If the trend continues for too long, you could find yourself out of a job, so I believe your number one priority should be to take care of yourself immediately whatever it takes.

* I am no Doctor, but I am on prescription meds for anxiety which help immensely (Effexor).
At night, when my anxiety is at it's worse I take Lorazapam - basically a common prescription that is very effective against anxiety. I doesn;t make me drowsy, just allows me to calm down smoothly. Periodically, when I have huge presentations to do in front of 300 people or major business transactions I will take a pill before work in the AM. I;ve found this to be the most effective way to deal with the over and above exorbitant stress that comes along every so often with work.

On every other day, the Effexor is adequate.

I had a a major drunk in my MBA program (in my group) - this guy was drinking through class, and before exams - it was quite sad. Finally he simply could not handle the program and had to leave. He lost a lot of money, because he was not kicked out (very tough to get into the school, maintain a minimum 3.0 or you are on probation). It was my first experience with what alcohol can do to someone, and from a business perspective "everyone" knew.