View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

I am still a little crazy...

I am still laughing at myself so I thought what a perfect opportunity to share how crazy the alcoholic life can make a person...

I took my daughter to school this morning, and as I came down the street to my house, I noticed a cop parked haphazardly across the street from my house. The cop was in the car as I crept by and turned into my driveway. He immediately swung into my driveway right behind me, kind of at an angle like he was blocking me from backing out.

My stomach did a flip-flop and my first thought was "oh crap - the RAH filed charges against me for something!"

He got out of his car as I got out of mine and he says...drumroll here...

"Have you seen your next door neighbors in the last 24 hours? Their garage door has been up all night and we got the call this morning to close it. No one is answering the door."

For a fraction of a second, I was speechless. And then reality kicked in and we had a conversation about the neighbors. He was very nice and very concerned (there has been a few weird things I've noticed next door since moving in a few weeks ago - its a little disconcerting) and of course, he was good looking and I was in my pajamas!

It took a good 30 minutes for my heart to stop racing and the adrenaline to leave my system.

And now I am chagrined at the immediate reaction I had that I had done something wrong and it was related to the RAH. I am still amazed that none of our neighbors ever called the cops on some of our blow-outs during his drunken rages. I know they heard us.

I have now found my sense of humor again and can laugh at myself over this, but also realize how much of that craziness is still just under the surface...

Happy Wednesday, all!