Old 05-10-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
sandrawg

This is one of the reasons al-anon is so helpful to us f&f.

You may want to consider finding an ala-non meeting near you, if youre not already in it, and find your own sponsor..my sponsor has been a godsend..

Originally Posted by jessiebug View Post
First and foremost, I'm TRYING to make my relationship work, despite some of our issues, but this is yet another issue I've been thinking about. I feel like I can't always talk to my recovering addict about how I feel because I'm afraid of setting him off. The one, wonderful, thing that happened? His sponsor told me I could call him and dump if I needed to. He also feels my addict isn't able to handle those relationship issues right now, but he's helping both of us through this. Now, I don't abuse that relationship and I know his primary focus is my boyfriend, but when I hear rumors, I call the sponsor. The sponsor actually has told me that, yes, that happened, but not that way and he's really stepped in to help me recover as well. He constantly reminds me though that I shouldn't worry about rebuilding my relationship with my addict right now. Right now, I should focus on myself and I do agree with that. It's just that I love him and sometimes, I need to be able to talk to him about us. Especially as I learn more about myself and my own issues. Oh well...only time will tell. I'm just grateful he's in recovery right now. Thanks for letting me ramble.