View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
tryingtoparent

Good for you SoCalPAuly! But...there's always a but isn't there? your story sounds like he chose you over the alcohol. If/when he chooses alcohol instead of you....please go find the great guy you deserve! Just a PS but I remarried at the age of 46. Dated the wonderful man I married for 6 years first...so hanging onto a relationship that is wrong for you is really not necessary just because you have put alot into it or you are in your 30's or whatever way you might rationalize staying. I KNEW there was a real man out there for me and I was right. I guess my attitude about this with my ex and now with my daughter...time does not "fix" it....in fact things only got worse. Meet the problem head on now, see if he is in a place where he can change his course....if not...leave. Sorry....but the regret of my choice of the ex is sometimes overwhelming (I don't think much about it anymore but your posts hit home) and I so don't want you to ever feel that way AND have to look at your children who will surely suffer the consequences of your choices. If you plan on kids , think like a mom now. Good luck!