View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 11:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

Originally Posted by theuncertainty View Post
Rough weekend. XAH showed up on the doorstep and stood there until DS opened the door without ringing the doorbell. He came to the door instead of XFIL, who, recall is 'too old to get out of the car.' He was just going to take DS06 without a word. I didn't know he was there, so I nearly walked into him as I came upstairs. He stood in the open door and let my cat run out. He wouldn't step back from the door so I could chase Sasuke. When they got in the car to leave, they made it as far as the next-door neighbor's house, where XFIL got out of the car and walked up the driveway to the door there to talk to our neighbor.

Another rough day. Met with my lawyer and she said there wasn't enough for the court to consider changing anything. Not the visitation orders, not the no contact order. I walked into her office with a stack of e-mails and notes an inch thick. She said I could file a motion stating that XAH has violated the NC, but the judge would just yell at XAH for not following the order and nothing would change.

She said I 'started it' on one email exchange where XAH berated me for taking all his money and accusing me of being the reason he's only working part-time because I'd sent him the information on the medical bills - as I'm required by court order to do, and which he is required to pay 1/2 of, which of course, he's not. All I said in my e-mail to him, was here are the bills...

She also said not to use the police station as the exchange place because it would be hard/confusing/scary for DS. It apparently doesn't matter that XAH scares me. He hadn't physically hurt DS or me so it's unnecessary.

So it really feels like XAH gets to keep on getting away with his cr-p and there's nothing I can do.... Keep journalling....... yeah it did a lot of good this time....
I don't like the way your lawyer speaks to you.

I used to work as a civilian police department employee. I sat at the desk of the substation many a time when families came to exchange custody of the children. It was a common thing and it was done this way whether there had been physical abuse or not.

If it makes you more comfortable to do it there, then continue to do it there. It is your right to use the facility for this purpose.

If you can file a motion stating that your XAH violated the NC, then I think your lawyer sounds like she is attempting to predict the future by being so sure of the outcome. Maybe your XAH needs a good yelling at. Maybe something would change. Maybe something your lawyer can't psychically predict would happen. You have a lot of written evidence. Any judge worth his/her salt is going to take it into account.

Sometimes people don't want us inconveniencing them. My reaction to that is to persist with what I believe is necessary. That action sometimes irritates others. Their reactions are not my responsibility.

Best of luck to you, whatever your decision is. Go with what your heart and HP guide you to do.