Old 05-09-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SCOTTandMARIE

Thanks for all your support. The drama isnt over yet. K had his little sister call from her friend's phone and leave him a message, so he messaged her on FB and told her that he wouldnt be calling her back because he didnt want to talk to his mom, but he would talk to her on FB instead. He explained to her that the reason he wasnt talking to his mom anymore was because he was hoping she would get help for her drinking problem. He said she is very disrespectful and just isnt the same person that she used to be.

She responded by telling him that "you cant stop talking to someone just because they get drunk. And I bet Marie is the one who really has the problem with it. You could have done so many great things with your life, and I know I keep telling you that you deserve better than Marie, but its true." Blah, Blah.

I just love how his 13 year old sister gets to tell her adult brother (who just got hired on at a very successful construction company and is learning an amazing new trade as I type) that he could have done 'great things' with his life. REALLY??? Cuz I think he is really great right now, just as he is, and I am so incredibly proud of him!!!

And once again, I am to blame. For everything. Everytiime he says something they don't agree with, they either say "Wow, brainwashed much?" or "I bet Marie told you to say that." And just for the record... the brainwashed comment was in response to him telling his mom that he really enjoys living out in the country, instead of in town where we used to be. But he apparently is so weak minded that I tell him where he can enjoy living, too. Grrrr.

Sorry to be venting, I am just so tired of all this drama and dishonestly, and just really childish games. I mean, really, are we back in middle school???

So, I picked him up a Mothers Day card to send to his mom, but upon learning that he had never sent her one before, it probably wouldnt be the best time to start. We both could just hear how it would go: "Scott sent me a mothers day card for the first time ever! He really cant live without me! I bet Marie doesnt even know he sent one... she is the one who is not letting him talk to me...." Blah Blah Blah.

And after the wonderful conversation with his little sister where she parroted all her mother's lies (You deserve better! I keep telling you this but its true!) that he has never heard her say before, he decided not to call his mom for mother's day. Instead we had a really quiet and very nice weekend together. But still feeling all the stress. I wish it would all just go away.

How much of this, do you think, is because of the alcoholism, and how much of it is just craziness? Do you think that her going to AA and getting a handle on her drinking will solve all the family drama? Because at this point, they are all just telling crazy lies about me, because they cant come up with a real, honest reason for hating me. I am hoping that if she stops drinking, we can be a normal family. And I can't help but get angry at them for causing us all this stress, and wonder in the back of my mind if Scott is going to end up resenting me somehow for all his family's drama. After all, if I hadn't 'stolen' him away from them, there would be no problems, right?