Old 05-08-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I love my husband, but really, what would I be doing to stay? PLEASE can someone give me some insight on this issue?
Well, no one here will say to stay or to go. Only you can decide that in the end. However, there is something you can do to get closer to that decision.

It is called a "Pro/Con" List. Take a 8 1/2" 11" sheet of paper, draw a line down the middle of the long dimension and then write PRO on the top of one side and CON on the top of the other side.

Now over the next few days or weeks, as you think of things to put on one side or the other, it will help to calm the committee in your head. Once you believe you have though of everything, sit down and read your final outcome.

You should have an answer, and remember if your decision is to leave, it may not be forever, if your H decides to find recovery and by his actions shows he is serious about it. And your decision to stay would not be written in stone either. If no improvement is seen and no actions taken, you are always free to leave at a later time.

Have you tried AlAnon or Naranon? I mention AlAnon only because there are usually many more meetings than of Naranon and it will serve the same purpose.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,