View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Lindsey- You are being so brave and strong and I know that probably doesn't make it any less awful feeling, but you're doing the right thing for you, your kids and your AH.

I am sure you do/did this but just reassure your kids it's not them and you're happy with them and maybe do something fun with them this weekend and lots of hugs/kisses etc... I did all of this this week after D5 was so upset by her Dad's disappearing act and I've been extra cautious of their feelings and extra reassuring and it seems to be going okay... I know so well the feeling of hurting for the kids bc you want them to have a Daddy who doesn't suck and they don't and there's nothing at all you can do to change that... I am struggling a lot with that right now too.

Thinking of you... go easy on yourself. Mom's all around the world snap at their kids-- it's not just you -- don't beat yourself up for it-- you recognize it and are doing the best you can under really tough circumstances... But again, I know how you feel. I was short with D5 and D3 this morning bc of an unnecessary interaction with H early this morning (he supposedly "needed" clothing and came by just long enough to upset D5 who thought he was going to stay and then he took off and left D5 crying at the door). I tried to comfort them and we had an okay morning but I snapped at them at one point and felt instantly awful. But, we do the best we can. And you are doing that and then some...

You're a great mom and an incredibly strong woman...