Thread: Same old dance
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Same old dance

Apologies. I haven't been around much lately. Been super busy with training and logistics for my upcoming tour overseas.

Overall, the last month or so has been pretty good. Alcoholic wife seems to have been doing well. There have been a few times I know she's been drinking. Most I let slide, as I simply don't want to deal with a drunk person.

We had a big breakthrough last week. For the very first time, she didn't lie about her drinking when I asked. Minor progress. I'll take it.

After a long day today, I came home and immediately suspected her drinking. This was based solely on behavior. And so far, I have never been wrong.

I'm only home a couple days a week. I was gone from the house for 15 straight hours today. Couldn't they at least TRY to not drink a little harder? I mean it's just a couple days a week. Why wait until I'm home?

I just hate dealing with the crazy BS. I did pretty good today. I just ignored her and let her quack. She won't remember in the morning most likely.

Just another data point. Most can't stop. Even with the concrete evidence and her regular admission that our lives are better without her drinking, she still drinks. Oh, she's down for 15 bottles of wine a week. No idea what it is now. I suspect 3-4. Don't care, really. My exit strategy is set. I simply endure. It is easier to endure since I'm gone all week, and leaving soon.