View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MsCooterBrown

"There's really nothing to clean up after the binge I don't do really anything wrong. I just get really really drunk to the point where I can not walk."

I didn't think there was any other way to drink! I gotta tell you..Even if you grab your drink of choice and drink at home bad things can happen. I bounced off the walls on the way to my bedroom...hit the bed at an angle and landed hard. I hit my head on an end table and passed out. I had quite a bruise right by my temple..I think if you hit your temple in just the right place you can be instantly dead. I have also damn near cut the tip of my finger off. That was after deciding to make a 6 course meal at 2AM. It was one of those nights where they close the bar..kick everyone out..and I was going to do breakfast for everyone. The cut was substantial..they wanted to take me to the ER but I knew as drunk as I was they would end up tossing me in the drunk tank. I don't even know what the drunk tank is but I didn't want to go there. I still have the scar from that. Won't go into all the other horror stories..but besides the physical injuries..you have to think of your liver. Glad you are on a sober run but I really hope you find other coping skills..we can use any internal dialogue we want to justify drinking - I hope you find a new script!