Thread: Humiliated.
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 06:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sweetteewalls

Humiliated.

My husband left me on Friday with our 3 year old daughter. He is a recovering alcoholic. He and I have been up and down for the past 2 years and finally the past 2 months he had moved back in and we attending counseling and anger management once a week. His decision to give up completely blindsided me and even our therapist said we were doing so well. I went to an Alanon meeting on the night he left as he packed his things because after all we have been through I wasn't going to beg him to stay. If me and his kids weren't enough reason to follow through, I don't know what would make him. Then he proceeded to tell me he was going to see the same woman from work he cheated on me with during the early stages of our separation and I know it's not about her...she just supports his habit. I know its over now because this is the 4th time he walked out on me and I feel so stupid because he had been sober and attending the sessions and classes with me. He acts like I am nothing and only wants to talk to me regarding our daughter like I don't even exist when just last week in counseling he was saying how much he wishes he could be more expressive with me, etc...This disease is rough and I have nothing left. I have alienated all my friends/support system because nobody believed I shouldve let him back in 2 months ago and as it turns out...they were all right.