View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
holdfold

Back again for another swing ...

I came here the first time I became sober and it gave me direction and purpose ... unfortunately through the usual trigger .... I have not been able give it up. It started with the occasional evening of drinking when traveling and being able to get sober when at home and then it took longer to get sober and now I can give it up and only last a few days. My path last time was Buddha as I could relate to the HP being inside you but my HP is not very effective drunk. I know I need a group to relate to ... that is clear, but I am not a fan of AA.. or rather the Christian element of it. I have found that the first day of getting sober I need to keep busy which distracts the craving. The next step is to reinforce the good work with some sort of 'group' and the final step is to remove the trigger which I think needs to be helped aith Adabuse (never used it but willing to try) .... what is people's experience with Adabuse? Any other suggestions?
This rambles a little as I am still 'fogged' but I am determined to have good intentions prevailing