Thread: HP at work?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
may I suggest that once everything is settled in court, you talk to the state bar about your previous lawyer? The guy sounds seriously "off".
I'm having a dillema about this.

Here it is:
1) I don't think that he has any right to treat me or anyone else that way. It's appalling.

2) It's my word against his which makes me think (particularly since he's mounted a pre-emptive letter writing defense campaign telling me I am the one who asked him to behave unethically) that it's going to be a battle of "you said this", "no I didn't" and I really don't want to deal with that

3) I am feeling selfish in the sense that I chose not to respond, I have my retainer back, I don't have to deal with him anymore and I don't want to get unsettled by opening that door again...

4) I feel though that I have an obligation- out of morality- to say something to the Bar (I already found out the process I need to follow and it's in depth) so that he doesn't think he can treat others this way.... I just would rather not bc if the Bar chooses to investigate it then there's the equivalent of a "trial" where I give my version, he defends himself and can question me. I just can't imagine having to deal with that...

So, that's my dillema around the lawyer and the Bar issue...