Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pete55

Nothing seemed to "work" for me in the first 18 months sober, even though I was going to BB Study, 2-3 meetings a day, Step workshops etc.
Name it and I went, miserably.
My 3rd sponsor took me through the steps on a one-on-basis. But he was one of those "sponges", you know the types, they read and can transmit what they read. His mind is single file, mine is an array like stray cats!

I read, but I have trouble explaining it to to others. Even my experiences I have that problem, explaining my expireinces.
It was during Step 4, I was dreading it, not getting "better", and at a all time low in sobriety.

I am not sure what we tried as in Step 4 sheets, but it seemed so overwhelming with multiple column Step 4 sheets. It was Joe and Charlie one minute, another's Step 4 sheet the next day. I had sheets everywhere.
I felt I needed to do a degree in astro-physics to understand it, and all along at meetings I hear, "keep it simple".

I think what happened next was "God Job".
Too long a share to go into details.

But what is working for me today is the Paul F. method, not that it is unique or different, it's quick and to the point once the sessions get started and ALL references are BB.

On my blog I tried to write my experience but gave up.
On the last blog is the info. to download the Paul F MP3 files.
PM me if you do and I'll explain what the 9 files are.
You don't have to listen to all 9 files. 2-9 are duplicates, so it's realy 4 files, 4 sessions, 1 session per week.
I don't worry about file 1 but listen to if you want to.

I am not saying it is better, or "right", I'm simply saying it worked for many of us who have taken the steps in that manner as it was shown to him by his sponsor and the illustrations for some we relate to, others don't.

He say's it is the manner the steps were taken in the early 1940's.

The main point is, I found I do not need to know or read EVERY line of the BB, just the "key" sections, actions and considerations. It's like a recipe.

I use a yellow hi-lighter for his sections read out, and a different color for what stands out to me. Soon the links connect, the obsession is removed and the clarity to explain the interim to a newcomer is clearer.
But I also found I need to keep practicing this, cos like a real alcoholic, the memory tends to fade.

Can't get any simpler, press the play button and ya "on"!