Thread: HP at work?
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I spent time right after college in the Blue Ridge Mtn's-- What a beautiful spot... Thanks for the post- it reminds me of a wonderful time....

Originally Posted by Carol Star View Post
In the beginning of the end with my X I took a day to walk/hike up in the Blue Ridge Mts. for an afternoon. I remember that day. The mts. make me feel closer to HP. It was kind of a day to get present, let go of the past, accept things, be sad, and LET GO. I have no doubt in those days I was suffering from PTSD and depressed from sad my marriage was ending, angry X would not get sober, worried about $ since X was not honest, etc....I see now I had to go through it to get through it. Now 4 yrs. post divorce it is all good. I look back at who I was in those days and it was a hard time. I was a little nuts. Now I share my experience, strength, and hope with people in Alanon. I had alot of anger from growing up in addiction with my angry, alcoholic Dad . The 12 steps, HP and wonderful friends on SR and in the rooms and recovery literature and time got me through it.