Thread: New Here....
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
hibou

Dear Amber, Oh your story sounds like mine. I too also have an eating disorder. At the moment while I try to gain sobriety (and huge congrats on the 5 days) my other 'issue' is spiralling out of control. I do believe that as a result of eating/drinking problems have left my body so depleted that it acts as fuel to the addiction fire. Personally speaking I have been to the treatment centres and done the 12 step programmes. I did gain quite a lot out of it but found that it was not enough for me. I am about to start another programme from home (with the help of a very good friend) which is a heavy course of vitamins and minerals as well as strict diet. The prospect of doing this is giving me huge hope. As it is based upon the physical, rather than the spiritual, I feel I can believe in it. I am sure there are a lot of people who will disagree with me but I am sure a cannot be the only one to feel this way. I wish you all the luck in the world and have huge admiration for you being able to get away from the alcohol. x