View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
sandrawg

She sounds like she could be in denial about his problem. Being able to see him as someone who can attract a worthwhile partner like you, is probably feeding into her denial, so she's reluctant to let go of that fantasy.

My ex's parents knew i was good for him. They liked me a lot. I know they do not like the girl he is with now. His mom even said "heaven forbid (her son) ends up with someone like (the girl he's with now, who is a longtime ex.)"

She is a pothead with no job who lives with her mom at the age of 27. Very bad influence on my ex. So long as he's with her it's hard for them to live in denial that he has a problem. When he was with me, though, I "took care of things" and refused to enable him, so they could keep up the facade.

Originally Posted by hurting12 View Post
Not to be mean...but i just dont get why she keeps bringing him up. Hes not even around (he lives in another state!). While shes a nice old lady, and im grateful for all her kindness over the months...she calls me her 'daughter' and tells me she'll miss me..I cant help but resent the fact that she keeps bringing him up when its obvious I'm not interested.