View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Here's the update.
After a rough weekend, the AW and I finally had an open clear talk. She has agreed to keeping the boy in school for the summer. The reason is because she knows she needs to focus on her outpatient/addiction therapist stuff. She still believes that last week was her rock bottom. She openly admitted to having an alcohol addiction. She said she no longer wants to feel the way she does. She realizes and admits that her alcoholism has impacted several areas of her life and she is actively taking steps to get help and treatment.

I've heard this before but it was always in a drunken stupor. This is the first time I've heard it from her sober. I am not going to file for a divorce. I was so ready to do it so what stopped me? I grew up with an alcoholic parent. My mom took the steps to recovery. She still works it every day but they made it work.

Backing down may not be the right choice but my primary concern of keeping the boy in school has been addressed to my satisfaction. We always talk about letting our A's grow up and work on their recovery. With the boy in school, my A can work on her stuff and that's the best thing I can have for right now.

Thanks again for all the support. It's been a tense time.