Old 05-01-2011, 05:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NGall29

What should I do? I'm scared but I don't want to make a bad decision.

I posted yesterday. My husband relapsed on Wednesday after a year of not drinking. He's been drinking every day since then...he calls me and has moments where he sounds slightly more sober, but then he is back to being totally out of it. He has his own business and he is supposed to work tomorrow. i just got emails from him asking me to come home...he can barely type he's so drunk. I am so very worried. His family is all in England so they can't help me AT all. They can't even call him because he broke his phone this morning. I am so scared that he's going to over do it and end up dead. I don't know if I could live with myself, even though it's his fault. I feel like I should go and see if I can get him to stop. I think if I was there he might. But then again, he is unpredictable when he drinks, he was violent the other night. I have to think about my unborn baby. I have no idea what to do. I'm staying with my parents and I can't even tell them because I think they've totally given up on him this time. If I tell them I'm going to see him they won't understand. I just feel like he's my husband and he's sick, and I don't want to abandon him.

What do I do? I know I'm unhealthy too, I probably shouldn't care anymore. But he's the father of my children and he's still my husband. He has been a good husband for the last year. Why does he have to do this.